In unchartered waters, the only thing we can do is steer the ship safely and considerately.
At Paramount, like others, we are a diverse business. Our employees range from 19 years of age to over 60 something, and that’s what makes us a great source of innovation and expertise.
We are all in no doubt of the threat of Coronavirus that is causing worldwide disruption, chaos and heartache. As a business, we have a role to play in the safe yet sustainable prevention of the spread and the care and well-being of our colleagues, clients and supply chain.
We intend to carry on working as normal, until the UK government requires us to lockdown. We are currently taking the following measures to help stop the spread of the virus:
- All visitors are screened and asked if they have any of the common symptoms of the virus:
- High temperature or fever
- Recently acquired persistent dry cough
- Shortness of breath (inability to hold breath for 10 seconds)
If so, they are not permitted entry and advised to seek medical attention and/or self-isolate.
All staff, sub-contractors, suppliers and visitors are advised to:
- wash hands frequently with soap and water (hand sanitisers can also be used if they are 60% alcohol based but they are not as effective.)
- cover their mouth and nose with a tissue or sleeve (not hands) when coughing or sneezing. Used tissues must be binned immediately and hands washed afterwards
- avoid close physical contact with other persons, especially anyone who appears unwell
- only arrange meetings where it is essential to meet the other parties in person
Our continuity measures are robust and our business is healthy. We have enabled everyone the ability to work from home. We have introduced stringent cleaning of our workplace which boasts some of the best modern working facilities available and we have doubled up on hand hygiene regimes.
In addition, all of our sites are OPEN AND OPERATIONAL. We continue to monitor each site with close communication and adherence to our client’s policies. Each of our sites are now equipped with an infra-red thermometer and our Site Managers check the temperature of anyone prior to entering sites. Again, we have bolstered our signage around each site and we promote regular hand washing and sanitisation.
Anyone showing any symptoms, as directed by the government guidelines, are expected to self-isolate for 14 days.
Together, with sensible actions, we will get through this. Safety is of Paramount importance and we wish everyone good health over the coming weeks.